Alpha extends its family of FlexNet FTTx powering solutions to include the FTTx Multipurpose Power Supply (FMPS) supporting MDU, MTU and SBU ONT products. The FMPS is an intelligent microprocessor controlled 48VDC UPS system. The input is powered from either a customer owned 90 to 320VAC power outlet or a hard-wired AC connection. System includes one or two parallel outputs and alarm connections, supporting distances of up to 100ft between the FMPS and ONT, allowing the FMPS to be located close to existing power outlets. Individually monitored 48VDC strings of standard 7.2Ah maintenance free, sealed lead acid batteries provide standby power. Optional battery heater supports extended runtimes at -40°C. LED indicators and an audible alarm provide local visual status, and PacketCable compliant telemetry connections to the ONT provide remote status reporting.
- Fiber-to-the-Premise UPS for Multiple Dwelling, Multiple Tenant and Small Business Unit applications
- Supports one or two MDU/SBU ONTs located up to 100ft from FMPS
- Battery management performs periodic battery capacity testing and status reporting to the ONT and customer
- Battery heater option provides extended runtime for applications in cold winter conditions
- Hybrid 16AWG and alarm cable minimizes installation labor
- Status indicators and audible alarm provide local status